Wednesday, October 16, 2013

My brother's birthday was on the 9th.  Happy Birthday Jay!!



Had a blast this weekend for my birthday!  Friday Mike and I took off from work to do… yard work!  Woo!  I actually have been enjoying helping him clean up his yard.  The first time I got to mow the lawn, something I've never done, and he even has a riding lawn mower!  That was super fun, although it ran out of gas in the backyard :(  The next time, I got to use the weed whacker!  That, too, was awesome until it ran out of charge :(  Friday I finished destroying the weeds around the house while he changed the oil in our cars, and then I helped him power wash the outside of the house :)

He's had an ant problem for awhile, but no matter what he does they always seem to come back.  Even right after we power washed the house, they started showing up in droves and dying where pesticides had been put down (long before the power washing.)  Crazy bugs!

Mike decided to give me my birthday present early… a Playstation 3!  I'd been jonesing for one forever, since I have so many games for the system and yet don't own one.  Funny to think that he bought me my first PS2 back in highschool, too :D  He's so sweet <3


I had decided that since the Pathfinder game ended the previous week, that I still wanted to get together with the group and go out for dinner and pool (although after getting the PS3 I joked about cancelling dinner!)  Chance and Danielle were the only ones who could make it, and then Kaitlyn and Chad ended up coming back into town sooner than expected!  The 6 of us all enjoyed wings and some beer at Dockside :D

Kaitlyn and Chad left us afterward, at which point the remaining 4 of us headed down to Splitz for some pool.  The sticks were all warped, but we were the only ones there for most the time.  Had a blast drinking, losing, and winning :D

Saturday, I woke up early to setup my PS3 :)  Once Mike awoke, we had a little bit of time to goof around with some games before going to my parents' for birthday lunch.  My godparents also joined us, and we had a delicious lunch on the grill!  (The ice cream cake wasn't too bad either ;) )  I had already gotten my new futon from my parents a few weeks back, but they had also bought me a digital drawing tablet :D  Now I can practice my terrible art on the computer, rather than make paper and pencils shed tears of graphite.





Later in the evening, Dwyer and Mehdi came over to my house for coffee and cake  (that Dwyer made himself!)  It was a wonderful spiced cake with cream cheese frosting :)

Sunday, Mike and I packed for Orlando and made our way on down.  Our room was huge!  Met up with Cory, Krista, and the baby for dinner :)


  
 

Monday was the big eventful day: The Food and Wine Festival at Epcot!  I'd never been before, and really wanted to finally go- and doubly so since it was my birthday :D  I did attempt to convince Mike that we should cancel the trip, since he had gone out and bought me a PS3; felt bad having him spend more money (since we both paid our own ways for Epcot), but he wouldn't let me cancel :P  It turned out to not be nearly as expensive as everyone made it out to be, even!




We had so much fun!  Ate lots of different food, mostly delicious!  Had a couple of different alcoholic beverages as well.  I did my best to take a picture of everything we ate, but some of them I would forget and half of the plate would be gone (or all in one case!) before I remembered :d  We arrived at 9 when the park opened, but didn't realize that the world showcase (and all of the food) wasn't available until 11.  Had to stop in at the Starbucks to get Mike something to eat, or he was going to starve to death :)


 
The best food item by far was the filet mignon from Canada.  The Floridian Key Lime wine was pretty delicious, but I think the best drink was the grapefruit beer from Germany (although I didn't partake of very many alcoholic beverages.)  The honey meade from Ireland was super strong.  I probably would've drank more but I was worried about making myself too full.  Ended up having just enough of everything for me throughout the day :)  (And we were there until 8 at night- a long 11 hour day!)


Tuesday, after we packed up and left the resort, we stopped by to see Cory and the baby.  Hung out with them for a bit before returning home :)

Kitten jail pictures!



And apparently Ayla has some holy power within her! :P


No comments:

Post a Comment