Wednesday, March 19, 2014

If I can't move heaven, then I'll raise hell

Last week I made a last minute decision to go to Gainesville for the weekend. I had seen Mike in about a month, and I figured it wouldn't be that difficult to make happen. I made sure it was okay with my boss, and that was all it took.

I had a wonderful time, and as always it was far too short vacation. Although, it wasn't really much of a vacation as far as work was concerned. I still had to work Monday and yesterday, which was completely fine with me.

I made it in late Friday night, just in time to see everyone from the D&D group (Danielle, Chance, David, and Ken.) I hadn't seen any of them in ages.

Saturday, I absolutely had to hit up Burrito Bros. Mike and I managed to get Scott and one of his kids out with us. I have the feeling that his kid would have been much happier to not have been out for several hours listening to us adults talk, even if we had been talking about video games. Later that evening, we met up with Mike's brother Greg, his wife Alyssa, and two of their friends at Ale House. We had a great time hanging out :) Hadn't seen them since I moved to TN if I recall correctly. Mike and I had gone to visit them after we went apartment hunting. It was definitely nice to catch up.

Sunday, Mike and I spent the day just hanging out playing video games. It's the simple times like that I really miss. I know we hang out online and play video games on the computer together, but there is no substitute for sitting on the couch next to each other. Dinner that night was with my parents and brother. My dad's birthday is coming up, so I gave him his present early. It wasn't anything too terribly exciting, just some different coffees. It's's very difficult to think of things to purchase for him.

Monday, Mike had to go to work and I had to work from his home, but afterward we still went out to Outback for a really nice dinner together :)

Yesterday was far more busy. Mike was let go from work early because they had nothing for him to do... which was awesome and not so awesome. I felt bad because when he's not there he's not getting paid. I know that's important to him, but it was wonderful to get to spend more time with him my last day in town. I got my haircut, and afterward we met up with Dwyer,  Mehdi, Curtis, and his wife Michelle for a nice lunch. It's always good to see them all again, and a joke about how crappy the sheriff's office really was since almost all of us have gotten to move on beyond that soul-draining work place. The rest of the day, after dying my hair black again ;) we leveled up some WoW characters with Mike's friend Cory.

Woke up early this morning to make sure all of my things were in order, and headed out. I always hate leaving him; it never gets any easier and it never gets any better :( Despite living in a world filled with so much technology, making us digitally never really apart, it's just not the same. I looked for some jobs for him to apply to during my trip, but none of them really appeal to him. It worries me that he won't find something anytime soon. I've already been in Tennessee for 4 and a half months by myself. I wonder how much longer it's going to be, how much more time I'm going to be alone... time that could be spent with him. I understand his reasoning behind waiting but that doesn’t erase the unhappiness :/

On a lighter note, the kittens have been fabulous travelers! Ayla was a bit angsty upon our arrival in Florida, but in the car on the way there and back they both behaved so well. Only a little bit of crying about mid way both times. Never really would have expected that with cats :)