Monday, April 21, 2014

Can I pay you in Mudkips?

Mike surprised me with a visit up to Knoxville this weekend. Well, sort of surprised me. He wasn't going to tell me, but ended up giving me a heads-up on Monday or Tuesday. Gave me time to ask to work from home Friday so I could spend more time with him :)

The last time I saw him was when I visited Gainesville on Pi Day. I brought with me key lime pie, which it turns out Mike doesn't like, so I was determined to bake him his favorite the next time he visited. So Thursday before he arrived, I baked him a dutch apple pie :D



Friday we just relaxed around the house while I worked. Ended up going out for Indian food for dinner. He had never eaten Indian cuisine before, and I was happy that he enjoyed it :D I love me some chicken tikka masala flosho.

Saturday we headed over to Gatlinburg, aka tiny traffic Orlando town XD Just wandered around looking into shops... until we realized every block had 2 of the exact same shops on it. Quite literally, they were all named the same, all had the same goods (either crummy t-shirts, an assortment of swords and airsoft guns, a photobooth front, or a peddler's store), it was quite strange. He did drag me into a moonshine store and got me to do the free tasters :o I've never had moonshine before, although I had the opportunity to drink some at Greg's wedding. Their stuff was probably a bit less legal than what they were selling in the store ;) It wasn't bad, but I didn't care for the unflavored samples. I'm not a fan of shooting straight liquor so :P The flavored types weren't bad. Could probably drink the lemonade flavor all day, haha!

After we ditched the city, we headed into the smokies for a bit of outdoors wandering. Made our way down a little hiking path to a waterfall. It was gorgeous :D Thought it was amusing that they actually had signs bolted to the cliff side to notify individuals that there was a drop off in front of them. /eyeroll









This bear needs to cover-up! I mean, out in public like this, really??


We slept-in Sunday, and he left after french toast time. Spent the rest of the day playing the free XBox game (Deadlight). It's not bad. Seems rather short. I've had it on my Steam wishlist for awhile now, so I was glad to see if come up on XBox. Should have it beaten in the next day or two.

Retro City Rampage was on sale for 99 cents on Steam, so of course I had to check that out. The video made it look good enough to spend that little on it XD (Like I need more games tho...) Mike told me I need to get down to business and finally beat Mass Effect 2 :P I guess I'll do that next, although A Wolf Among Us episode 3 just came out. Not that it will take me long to go through that :d

No comments:

Post a Comment