Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Cats are rectangles, too

Started this entry a week ago. DISTRACTIONS.

Played the Pathfinder Card Game (PFSACG) for the first time two weekends ago just before PFS. Dan had picked up a Fighter class box for me, and I opted to play the drunk weaponsmaster guy (figures, amirite??) He was tons of fun! Looking forward to playing that more :) It's a shame they start an hour before PFS on Sundays, means I'll have to pick one or the other each weekend :/

Had a great side quest home game last Monday night. Was the first time I've played Brie (my alchemist) in about 5 weeks. During normal game time, Felix's character has been reborn into an angel who possesses some crazy "Will-save-or-die" gaze that will incinerate me, leaving the party without their token evil character (although after talking with Chuffy this past Sunday, it's a fear-based affect, and I'm immune to those! Thanks for looking out for the other shady character in the party :) ) I'm fairly certain no one really wants my character to die (??), so Cullyn gave me a slew of morality-based choices during our session. I made it as difficult as possible to turn my character from her path, picking the evil option every time. I've even put myself into a position where my character owes a Pit Lord a favor. Huzzah! :) I'm pretty sure Cullyn hates me now, if he didn't already. Looking forward to playing with everyone next week, given we're going to be in the same location. However, it sounds like we won't be for ages :( Poor Brie.

Been offered spots in other home games. Might end up taking Hunter up on his offer, especially if I'll have no Monday night game to go to. Have been thinking about outfitting the apartment with an actual dining room table to host games of some kind. Hmmmmm...

My sketching class is now officially over :( Last night was the final class, and I finished up my Ahri sketch. Probably spent about 6-8 hours on it total, and the phone doesn't do all the shading justice, but it looked terrible when I scanned it in at work.


Really happy with the progress I've made. The teacher said I only got better over the past 6 weeks (which wouldn't be difficult to do, since I sucked terribad before!), and she even asked me if I'd be interested in redoing her website since I'm all developer-y and stuff. I've also started doing quick sketches (limited to 3 minutes), just to help build my confidence. Borderlands and LoL excerpts.



Want to bust into actual painting with my tablet, which I have previously been horrendous at. Need to practice!

... speaking of developer stuff, I had my annual performance review at work yesterday and I requested a title change to drop the Junior from my name. My boss was more than happy to agree! :D ALL HAIL ME THE MIGHTY WEB DEVELOPER GODDESS! Even outside of that, work has been going well. Enjoying my time at ORNL, playing with ServiceNow, and getting all these fixes and updates out to IMLS. Love my job :)

Went out to the industrial night at the International this Saturday (aka Temple.) Was fun! However, my quick, slight over indulgence in beers and nerves made me a little sick. That passed rather quickly though, and I was able to enjoy the late night :D Will definitely go back again. I think they host once a month or so? Love having so many friends (especially nerdy ones!) to go hang out with :D

FLURRIES! It snowed a bit one day, and I woke up to dusting this morning. So excited for winter!



Have you ever felt that your heart contained so much that it must surely break apart?

No comments:

Post a Comment