Monday, June 1, 2015

Like lasers with sharks on top


Friday ended up unexpectedly. My lower back had started tensing a bit a few days prior, but it wasn't anything unusual for me. Did my best not to agitate it, and figured it'd be okay. Went out to Dragonboat race practice with Hunter after work... big mistake. I managed to get on the boat, and assist in paddling (got stuck up front, just like last year.) However afterward, I could barely hobble back to the car. It was probably the worst back issue I've had since Russia. Made it home safely, but I was close to tears from the pain. Managed to fall asleep later that evening, but sleep was not extremely pleasant.

Saturday, Hunter and I still went out to the races, and he got to paddle for our team :) I was happy to get out of the house and attend to cheer everyone on. Plus, it's worse for back issues to be dormant for extended periods of time (or at least in my experience.) The longer I spend laying around not moving, the tighter my muscles get, and the worse I feel. Not to say that moving makes everything better- it's still quite uncomfortable, and generally painful. I could stand for about 15 minutes before I'd have to sit, which I could do for another 20 or 30 minutes before needing to stand, or lay down. Fun times!



Our company team fared better than we did last year at the races, but it still wasn't great by any means. But hey, we crossed the finish line! And had fun! :)

Hunter, Balo, and I went over to Michael Looney's place that evening for a grill-out gaming party. A few others showed up including Jay, Calvin, and Clown Guy. Ended up playing One Night Werewolf and Red Dragon Inn (surprise!) Also sampled some beers from around the world!- definitely not all good :d


Sunday, I got to catch up on some Guild Wars 2 stuff while Hunter overslept. We went to PFS for the first time in a month! :o Was good times on a table with Sara, Bradd, and Felix. We owned the scenario for sure!

First class for Introduction to Computer Science at UT today :o Going well so far, but a lot of it I already know from work. I'm sure it'll get crazier! :)

Found it amusing that two opposite seasons' seasonal beers were next to one another :)


Computer science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment