Thursday, May 25, 2017

Day 5...

... is cookie day!

Coconut macaroons, made without vanilla extract because it's not AIP.


Did not turn out visually as anticipated, but they are divine! I don't generally care how food looks as long as it tastes great :)

I came across the recipe for banana bread cookies, and had to make them for Seneca (he loves banana bread!) Once again without the vanilla extract, and I replaced palm shortening with coconut oil, cricket flour with arrowroot flour, and tigernut flour with coconut flour (I'm not anti coconut!) I also don't own any of those ingredients.


They look much more like normal cookies, and they also are delicious! Much less sweeter than the other cookies, but that's not a bad thing. Almost tastes like banana bread :)

No comments:

Post a Comment