Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Kittens practice waterboarding

Getting another entry in before a month has passed! I would say lots has happened, but not really. Just been continuing onward working, gaming, and getting into more art.

Been considering going back to school, perhaps for a Master's? I wouldn't have to pay for it, if it was within the realm of my current job, but I don't know if I really care much for the options available to me at UT. When I start thinking about it, I consider all the lower level classes I'll have to take to catch-up to others in my field, the GRE, writing papers, and testing again in general. Do I really want to go through that again? Would it really be worth it?

So that brings me to think about maybe just some classes, but I couldn't do that through UT. The other options here are super slim, and wouldn't be possible at the community college level. Which leaves me with... New Horizons (shoot me now) or ITT Tech (blech). I've never had a useful experience with NH, and have never heard anything good of ITT. Sigh. Guess I'll just keep practicing on my own, and look around for college-unaffiliated trainings. Wish my request to go to Drupalcon hadn't been denied :(

Since my last post, I went to visit Gainesville for Mom's birthday just for 2 short days. Unfortunately, she wasn't too surprised :P Guess I'm predictable when it comes to visiting her!




Mike just came up this past weekend for 2 days as well. It was JR and Liz's wedding on Saturday! We were exactly on time (Nathan and Jamie came up shortly after we did.) Hung out with Nathan, Jamie, Rose and her boyfriend, and Terri for the most part. Was a fun evening, despite the overabundance of Jesus o.O The ceremony was definitely beautiful for the couple, though!

Was on Facebook posting one of my vector pieces I created yesterday (Ayla, at the end of this post), and saw one of their wedding pictures. Was super inspired, so I vectored it up real quickly as well. Probably the fastest piece I've done yet... and I think it came out superbly!



Yay wedding duo-fie!


It was Mike's intention to return Sunday, but he called into work instead and stayed the extra day :D We spent a good portion of it playing Divinity Original Sin, which we had started before his visit. Was so much more fun being able to play right beside him :) The game is crazy addictive, and the co-op was a bit clunky at first, but we've got it worked out now! I've been playing a Ranger and controlling the Wizard AI in our party, while Mike is a Rogue and in charge of the Knight AI. We have to do most fights twice, as we usually do something stupid the first time around and get ourselves killed XD It's terribly fun though :)

A couple of weeks ago, Mike and I participated in the Destiny Beta. I was quite disappointed, but I'm not sure what I was expecting, really. It's a Halo that wants to be like an MMO Borderlands, but without everything that makes BL great (the humor, the crazy weapons, and spastic combat.) It's so watered down it's depressing. Before the weekend was out, I headed down to Gamestop to move my reserve money from Destiny... to Borderlands the Pre-Sequel instead ;)

Went out with Crystal and a couple of her PhD-studying buddies one evening for dinner at Central Flats and Taps. Such good food! One of the girls is a fellow gamer, although I didn't find this out until just before I left. She's big on FPS's (particularly CoD and GoW), and loves sniper rifles... oh how much we have in common! :) Her boyfriend is not so much a gamer, but is into MtG. I friended her on FB in hopes that I could draw them to the dark side of DnD eventually. Muahaha.

Teresa and I took care of Franciel's dog, Aiden, while she and her family were out on vacation this past week. Teresa would visit in the morning and late at night; I would come in during the afternoon and stay through dinner, just so he wouldn't have to sit in his crate all day. Was nice to spend several hours with the monstrous puppy for a few days :) He's practically a mini-horse!



Finally picked-up new shoes. Had ordered some while in Gainesville at Kohl's, but once they arrived at my apartment in Knoxville, I found myself disappointed. Returned them for good ol' Vans, which I adore!

Some interesting (sarcasm?) women's restroom graffiti.



My limonchello and lime-chello finished steeping, so I filtered out the zests, boiled-up some simple syrup, and finished the liquors. They came out well! I think I like the lime version better :) Makes a pretty decent Sangria-ish type drink (especially if you add some Sprite!)





Blue Thunder hit 80000 miles yesterday. Poor old chap! Hopefully I'll have my motorcycle soon and I can take some of the stress off BT...

"Installed" a hook for my headset. Was getting really tired of having it on my computer desk. I'm so crafty :P



Alright, so here's some of the art I've been playing around with. I'm really enjoying Illustrator and the whole vector scene. Been fun :) Doing a lot of sketching, too. Mostly just doodling and practicing, but some prospective vector ideas. That stuff is terrible for sharing, though D:

My favourite scene (thus far) from Bleach:



Doc Brown "WAP"ified:



Ayla:

No comments:

Post a Comment